Experience and Appreciation ProgramNoh Theatre in the Garden -Vibrant movement within Traditional Japanese beauty under the early autumn sky-
Find yourself deep in the beauty of Japanese sword-themed Noh, in a garden of the autumn breeze.
You may enjoy “Noh” performing art in the garden of the Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum. The them is “Japanese swords”. The first day features “Tomoe”, a story about a female Samurai’s beauty and sadness, and the Kyogen “Nagamitsu”, which is another impressive performance about the Katana. On the second day, “Kokaji” will be performed, which is about a legendary Japanese swordsmith named Munechika Kokaji.
- October 9 (Fri) and 10 (Sat), 2020
- October 9 (Fri), 2019, Start at 19:00 (Experience corner at 18:00)
October 10 (Sat), 2019, Start at 14:30 (Experience corner at 13:00)
- Gardens of Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum (outdoors)
5-21-9, Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo
※In the event of rain, scheduled to be held at Kita Noh Theatre
Meguro Station (JR Yamate Line, Tokyu Meguro Line), Shirokanedai Station (Toei Mita Line, Tokyo Metro Nmboku Line)
- All seats reserved. Adults: 3,000yen Students: 1,500yen
- First Day of
July 4 (Sat), 2020
Ticket sales are currently suspended. We will announce the details as soon as decided on this website.
- Organized by
- Arts Council Tokyo, Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture
- Co-organized by
- Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
- Supported by and in Cooperation with
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Tokyo Tradition Office, Arts Council Tokyo
* All programs and performances are subject to change without notice.