Short-term Experience ProgramsNagauta Shamisen workshop
Let's try traditional Japanese music instruments Shamisen
"Nagauta", which originated as kabuki music and developed as Shamisen (three-string instrument) music, is a type of traditional Japanese music played on Shamisen. You can try Shamisen and professional Nagauta players will give a powerful performance and explain Nagauta in a way that makes it easy even for first-timers to understand.
- The fourth Sundey of each month
from May to October.
May 24, June 28, July 26, August 23, September 27, October 25, 2020
Due to outbreak of COVID-19, this program has been suspended. We will announce on this website when the program re-opens.
- 11:30〜12:30 / 13:20〜14:20 / 15:10〜16:10 / 1 hour each
- Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center 6F
2-18-9 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
Asakusa Station (Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, Toei Asakusa Line)
- About 20 persons per sessions
*No age limitations
- Please access the booking URL below and make an online reservation in advance.
*If there is a vacancy on the day, we will accept extra participants at the venue.
【For your reservation】
Please come to reception at 1st Floor of the venue 15 minutes before your reservation session for checked in.
Your reservation will be canceled if you do not show up until 15 minutes before your reservation session.
- Free of charge
- Organized by
- Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
- Co-organized by
- Supported by and in cooperation with
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Supported by
- Nagauta Association
* The program contents may be subject to change.