Short-term Experience ProgramsEngei
Experience traditional blooming in the Edo period at the museum
Participants may enjoy a variety of performances ("Kyokugei" traditional acrobatics, "Kamikiri" paper cutting, and "Wazuma" traditional Japanese magic). It also includes experience of the techniques used in the art of umbrella rotating, paper craft in which various shapes are created using only paper and scissors, and magic which has been performed since the Edo period.
- Every Saturday
from April 2020 to March 2021
*December 26, 2020, January 2, 2021 is excluded.
Due to outbreak of COVID-19, this program has been suspended. We will announce on this website when the program re-opens.
- 12:30〜13:00 / 14:00〜14:30 / 16:00〜16:30 / 30 minutes each
- Edo-Tokyo Museum 5F Permanent exhibition area
1-4-1 Yokoami, Sumida-ku, Tokyo 130-0015
Ryogoku Station (JR Line, Toei Oedo Line)
- Advanced application not required
- Free of charge
*Admission fee is charged for the permanent exhibition.
- Organized by
- Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
- Supported by and in cooperation with
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Supported by
- RAKUGO GEIJYUTSU association
* The program contents may be subject to change.