Short-term Experience ProgramsJapanese dance workshop
Try on a yukata and experience nihon buyo
“Nihon buyo” is a type of traditional Japanese dance characterized by uniquely Japanese qualities of elegance and grace. You can wear a Yukata, a casual Kimono, and learn how to dance. You will also enjoy watching a professional dancer perform “Fujimusume [Wisteria Maiden]” etc., for which is the authentic and well-known Japanese dancing number.
- Every Sunday
from April 2020 to March 2021*There are some exceptions
Due to outbreak of COVID-19, this program has been suspended. We will announce on this website when the program re-opens.
- 11:00〜12:00 / 13:00〜14:00 / 15:00〜16:00 / 1 hour each
- Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center 6F
2-18-9 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
Asakusa Station (Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, Toei Asakusa Line)
- About 20 persons per session
*No age limitations
- Please access the booking URL below and make an online reservation in advance.
*If there is a vacancy on the day, we will accept extra participants at the venue.
【For your reservation】
Please come to reception at 1st Floor of the venue 15 minutes before your reservation session for checked in.
Your reservation will be canceled if you do not show up until 15 minutes before your reservation session.
- Free of charge
- Organized by
- Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
- Co-organaized by
- Supported by and in cooperation with
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Supported by
- The Japanese Classical Dance Association, Inc.
* The program contents may be subject to change.