Programs for Foreign VisitorsJapanese dance workshop
Enjoy Japanese dance with kimono at Asakusa
Nihon buyo is a type of traditional Japanese dance that has a history of nearly 400 years. It is characterized by uniquely Japanese qualities of elegance and grace. Why don't you try on a yukata and join our dance workshop?
You can wear a yukata, a casual kimono, and learn how to dance in this workshop for free. In addition, we hope you will enjoy watching a professional dancer perform “Fujimusume (Wisteria Maiden)" etc., which is the authentic and well-known Japanese dancing number.
- Every Sundays from April 7, 2019 to March 29, 2020(There are some exceptions)
- 11:00〜12:00／13:00〜14:00／15:00〜16:00／ 1 hour each
- Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center 6F
2-18-9 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
Asakusa Station (Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, Toei Asakusa Line)
- About 20 persons per session
*No age limitations
- Please access the booking URL below and make an online reservation in advance.
*If there is a vacancy on the day, we will accept extra participants at the venue.
【For your reservation】
Please come to reception at 1st Floor of the venue 15 minutes before your reservation session for checked in.
Your reservation will be canceled if you do not show up until 10 minutes before your reservation session.
- Free of charge
- Organized by
- Arts Council Tokyo, Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture
- Co-organaized by
- Supported by and in cooperation with
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Supported by
- The Japanese Classical Dance Association, Inc.
* The program contents may be subject to change.