Traditional Culture Experience Programs for Foreign VisitorsShamisen of Nagauta workshop
Let's try traditional Japanese music instruments shamisen
"Nagauta", which originated as kabuki music and developed as shamisen (three-string instrument) music, is a type of traditional Japanese music played on shamisen. You can try shamisen and professional nagauta players will give a powerful performance and explain nagauta in a way that makes it easy even for first-timers to understand.
- The third Sunday of each month from September 16, 2018 to February 17, 2019
September 16, October 21, November 18, December 16, January 20, February 17
- 11:30～12:30 / 13:20～14:20 / 15:10～16:10
- Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center 6F
2-18-9 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
Asakusa Station (Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, Toei Asakusa Line)
- About 20 persons per sessions
*No age limitations
- Please access the booking URL below and make an online reservation in advance.
*If there is a vacancy on the day, we will accept extra participants at the venue.
【For your reservation】
Please come to reception at 1st Floor of the venue 15 minutes before your reservation session for checked in.
Your reservation will be canceled if you do not show up until 10 minutes before your reservation session.
- Free of charge
- Organized by
- Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
- Supported by and in cooperation with
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Supported by
- Nagauta Association
* The program contents may be subject to change.