Traditional Culture Experience Programs for Foreign VisitorsEngei
Experience traditional blooming in the Edo period at the museum
Participants can experience techniques used in a variety of performances ("kyokugei" traditional acrobatics, "kamikiri" paper cutting, and "wazuma" traditional Japanese magic) which are still popular at vaudeville shows today, with demonstrations by professional people. It also includes experience of the skillful techniques used in the auspicious art of umbrella rotating, paper craft in which simple shapes are created using only paper and scissors, and magic which has been performed since the Edo period.
- Every Saturdays from April 14, 2018 to March 30, 2019
Exclusion: December 29, 2018
*Contents vary depending on the day. Please, check the schedule.
- 12:30～13:00 / 14:00～14:30 / 16:00～16:30
- Edo-Tokyo Museum 5F Permanent exhibition area
1-4-1 Yokoami, Sumida-ku, Tokyo 130-0015
Ryogoku Station (JR Line, Toei Oedo Line)
- Advanced application not required
- Free of charge
※Museum admission fee required
- Organized by
- Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
- Supported by and in cooperation with
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government
- Supported by
- RAKUGO GEIJYUTSU association
* The program contents may be subject to change.